Previous Joints

Friday 22 March 2013

End of Season One




I remember having a conversation on Facebook with Ellen W, my very first guest blogger on this site. She asked me why I started this blog. I gave her and everyone else who asked me the same question the same line: It was a way to keep my mind off my new family, who I was living away from and missing like hell, thanks to work.

That wasn’t a lie, it just wasn’t the whole truth.

I used to talk for hours with my former boss about how soul sapping our jobs were and how it takes something that should be liberating, like writing, feel like a chore. Now I wasn’t that downbeat, but I’ve only been doing this PR thing for a short period of time – but in my mentor I saw a warning (he’s probably going to kill me when he reads that last line).

These past 6 weeks have been an effing revelation for me. This blog is an outlet – possibly a crucial one. I finally understand why so many people do this blogging thing.  It’s not an ego thing (well, it’s got a little bit to do with ego), it’s a way to express yourself creatively – especially if you write for a living and can’t get that outlet at work. It keeps you sane.

Another thing – it kept my mind off of Arsenal’s season. That damn team nearly broke me.

I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read this thing. It means a hell of a lot and I’m not saying that just to say it. It’s seriously touching to have people contact me on Twitter, Facebook, Email or on some site I repost my blog, not to tell me how great I am, but to tell me I’m wrong and why that is. I get more of a kick from those conversations than the ones that stroke my ego.

I also want to thank the guest bloggers: Ellen, Luke, Jess, Kayleigh and Nil.

I’ve got to take a short break though. I have a new job in London and have to move just outside the great rip-off capital of our country with my fiancĂ©e and my 5 month year old princess.

So I’m thinking of this in TV terms – it’s the end of season 1 of Chocolate Teddy Films. I’m planning to get back writing season 2 in a month or so and mauling over some changes to the site. I’m still looking for guest bloggers so if you’re interested, get in touch at MrCTBear@gmail.com or Twitter.com/chocolateteddyfilms.
In fact, if you have any suggestions on how I can improve the site, get in touch.

Anway, till next time.

Choco.