Previous Joints

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Vue answers my prayer




I’ve had quite a lot of PR stuff come to my inbox since I started this blog. A lot of it straight garbage.

 It’s not that I am hostile to PR, I’m really not - it’s just that the stuff they were offering was... well crap. Simply put, it wasn’t worth my time.

This all changed recently.

...


One of my real regrets in life is never seeing some of my all time favourite films on the big screen. It sounds stupid, but it ticks at me.

Some crafty mofo at Vue cinema has come up with an idea so sweet all I have to say is...




Vue cinemas are showing a string of classic films from now until June. I’m not talking arguable classics, I’m talking Trainspotting, A Clockwork Orange and BONNIE AND CLYDE. Let me say that last one again – BONNIE AND CLYDE.

They are holding a Twitter and Facebook vote to decide what will be the last film they show during this festival of classic films. The choices are between Anchorman, Enter The Dragon, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Robocop and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I’m going with Robocop.

They are calling this new thing "Back in Vue". I’m calling it a prayer answered.